Costco has offered prepackaged food buckets and a few other items that appeal to the prepper market for quite some time. Usually through their web site, but occasionally in stores in certain markets, too. They’re now selling non-GMO heirloom seeds, which kicks it up a notch. Hopefully, they’ll start offering more items along these lines as the prepping train continues to pick up speed.
Food for Health Garden Seeds are:
- 100% Heirloom, Non-Hybrid Seeds; you can harvest your own seeds year after year.
- 100% Non-GMO; your seeds have not been genetically modified.
- Packed in re-sealable mylar pouches; you preserve excess and unpplanted seeds.
- Highly adaptable; they will grow in most every region.
- Nutritionally dense; you will get high nutrition per sq. ft. of garden.
- 24 varieties; you will have nice diversity in your garden.
- Moisture balanced; they will store longer than store-bought seeds.
The thing to remember about this type of product (or any type of seeds) is that the typical “shelf life” is approximately seven years. More if you can freeze them, but the verdict is out as far as germination rates.